Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"California Adventure"

The "gang" I was hanging with at "California Adventure" last month was on the move to catch the tram back to our room, so I had only a minute, or less, to capture the essence of this view. Quick lines of the skyline, the outline of the building on the right and some semblance of the perpsective in the bottom lines of the far buildings as they face the boulvard.  All while they walk around a far corner and I can hear my wife asking, "Jim, are you coming?"   
 
Almost a month later, while waiting for my wife to do some shopping, I laid a few more lines down and it began to look like what I had in mind.  Then today, Aug. 22nd, I added a bit of watercolor and "wa-la" it nudges me closer yet to the idea that it is the line and the color of a sketch rather than the accurate depiction of the thing being sketched that lends it "life." 
 
Yeah, I like this one.


"California Adventure" is located in the old parking lot at Disnyland in Anaheim. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the looseness of it - it's got tons of movement and action!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has everything I like about sketching.
    Friday I will be playing golf 8:00 tee time. Sorry, --next time

    ReplyDelete