Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"36th World Wide Sketchcrawl - Musicians in Parque Colon, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic"


July 14, 2012, the last day of the Santo Domingo USk symposium, and the 36th WWSketchcrawl. Earlier I noticed the guy in the turban sitting on this bench. He wasn't part of the symposium, but he had his sketchbook out and he was sketching. I sat down beside him and started asking questions. His name is Harry and he is from NYC. He told me he was with a group and they would be performing later in one of the clubs here at the Parque Colon. I quickly learned the group he was with was the group of musicians I had watched the night before in the Calle Pedro Bellini Plaza. Fabulous, these guys. We talked a bit more and I moved on. Not long afterwards I hear some music, turn, and see a small group of the musicians creating some of their Caribben style music and they are surrounded by the USKers in the park. I was late arriving to the scene so was only able to capture these two, the guitar player, and Harry.

See the vid I took of them the night before, here: www.flickr.com/photos/bmgarner/7593951326/in/set-72157630...

Thanks to Jim Richards for the idea to toss in some color to hopefully enhance the energy and fun these guys were having.

No comments:

Post a Comment