Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Interior Perspective Study

The Wednesday morning sketch group met this morning in the lobby of this building that sits adjacent to the "509 Artspace" building.  It was cold this morning, but there were four brave souls who ventured forth to sketch and enjoy this typical January morning. 
 
Nancy is correct, this was a challenging draw.  I sat on my little three-pronged stool for a quite a while trying to figure out where the horizon line was located - a very small section on the top of one of the stairs, very narrow.  Then I forgot to pay close attention to where the vanishing point would sit on that line, far off to the right of the page.  I generalized.  Mistake.
 
So, when I got it home and thought about it for a few hours, I scanned it, ran it through photoshop and it looks a lot better than raw on the sketchbook page.  I don't know if this is cheating or not, but I'm choosing it isn't...hey, it's art, right?   Anyway, here it is:
 

6x9 Aquabee Sketchbook, ink, watercolor, photoshop
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. That would have pushed me over the top ;) Looks good from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that your thinking that caused you to think differently after thinking about it for 2-3 hours is good enough grounds to do whatever you think you want to do to this! I also think it is interesting that the material adds another dimension - whether it's white paper and paint or tan paper and pen - it gives you more to think about, which for this exercise, was a lot of thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "think" it's great and I'm so sorry I wasn't able to make it today. The ice didn't melt out here until close to noon and after the accident on my road yesterday, I wasn't feeling very brave. I'm glad that so many of you did make it out. Looks like a fun and challenging draw!

    ReplyDelete