Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"Featuring: James Richards - Urban Sketcher"

James Richards is an urban designer, sketchbook artist, writer and educator in Fort Worth, Texas. He is a co-founder of the urban design firm TOWNSCAPE, Inc, and a member of the Board of Directors of the global non-profit Urban Sketchers.  He is putting together a book about how to create interesting sketches, especially urban sketches. 

This image of the Paris Opera House links to a short demonstration on his blog about how he put it together.  It is fascinating to see how he accomplished this amazing sketch, and there are a few tricks there that may help some of us.



Click the link, check out this blog post, "Music for the Eyes," click back to this page and drop a comment below and share something about how you might use something he had to share.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the education stuff! I can certainly improve from all the links you provide us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a true beginner in sketching, especially in sketching buildings,cars.etc. I always found myself ran out of space before I could sketch everything in. With the demo here, I've learned how to block out the main thing first. I'll try this and see how it goes with me.

    ReplyDelete