Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"Stuff I Found"

Our Wednesday morning sketch group went to Beaver Bark in Richland this morning. 

There is a ton of stuff to draw there: plastic flowers, wine glasses, real fish (koi), sock monkies, wine bottles, brightly painted cups and saucers, real life manikins, mirrors, fake fruit, real plants (including some really pretty pink primroses), and some herbs.  And a bunch of other stuff, too.   

Feeling a bit overwhelmed with all of it, the sun face things caught my eye, so I decided to draw all of them in the store. 

As it turns out, there is only one of them in my sketch; but there are lots of other things I found along the way while searching for more of the sun face things. 

Once the line work was done, I decided it needed a dark background to bring some of these things forward. But I didn't want black (boring) and I didn't want a solid color; thus, the splotched purples and reds for background.

9x9 Super Aquabee Sketchbook, watercolors and Noodler's Lexington Gray ink.   

2 comments: