Friday, September 28, 2012

MERCER WINERY


This morning we headed out to Prosser and stopped at Mercer Winery.  The top drawing was my last drawing of the day and I was overly free with the pen drawing - just merrily whipping it out across the page.  Funny how the easy looseness of it works (at least to me!) and it has a real fun character about it.

I didn't realize the acres of plastic crates belonged to the winery next door, thinking I was getting a larger view of Mercer Winery in the bottom drawing.  Funny how that ONE line across the top of the nearest roof on the left side is angled up instead of down and how it throws the whole drawing off!  I can fix that...


Here we were, sitting in the Fred Meyer parking lot at 8:00 am and we realized the hot air balloons were going up today in Prosser!  We hurried down there to find the majority of them already landed but got a few fun 'grounded' shots.

1 comment:

  1. If you hadn't mentioned the line, I wouldn't have noticed. I think since there are no other points of reference for that building, the line is ok as it is... Love your lines and your colors. Great stuff, nice'n loose.

    ReplyDelete