Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sketching and Painting


I finally made the last two Tri City Urban Sketchers gathering last Wednesday and today. Last week I tried my hand at my 3rd ever plein air painting in oil.  Apparently it is a lot harder than it looks.  A friend of my suggested doing some watercolor sketches in the field to get the hang of plein air.  Well today I had much more fun doing my loose watercolor thing.  

Oil 12x16 Burbank ponds

Watercolor 5x7 Richland Parkade flower cart

 If your reading this blog and are in the Tri City area, you must come and join us.  Everybody but a few of the oldies are new and we are just giving this a go. Everyone that comes seems to enjoy themselves.  It was surprisingly peaceful at the Richland Parkade this morning and I think we all enjoyed some art therapy!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Cindy, wonderful group of people, especially our fearless leader Jim!
    I love today's beautiful flower cart and your incredible and realistic Hood Park Pond oil plain air painting. Amazing woman!
    patti k

    ReplyDelete