Friday, October 11, 2013

"Pots"


I spotted these pots at Beaver Bark last Wednesday morning when Nancy and I went sketching.  I have seen them before but the sheer numbers of them sort of left me breathless and clueless about where to start.  This time, I found a good spot from which to work, opened my sketchbook, and simply drew one of the pots in the middle on the left.  From there the page just sort of filled itself in. 

I liked the multiple colors and how they were laid out in front of the distant greenhouse.

6x9 Super Aquabee Sketchbook, Noodler's Lexington Gray ink, watercolors, Faber-Castell ink pens.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting shading you've gone back in with on those pots. I think light and shadow makes a drawing and this looks like an easy way to do that. I liked the location - did you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did like the location. Lot's of things there to draw and enjoy. We'll have to go back.

    ReplyDelete