Thursday, June 12, 2014

6/11/14 - Hedges Winery, Red Mtn AVA

The many wineries in Eastern Washington are a playground for sketchers, painters, photographers and anyone else that just enjoys beautiful surroundings.  I tried my best to capture some sights at just one of these amazing facilities.  I was treated to an impromptu personal tour of Hedges Family Estates.  All sketches are done with a Sharpie fine pen and watercolor on Strathmore paper.


Coming up the drive...
               

First look at the traditional French-style chateau tasting facility...
                                            

Just around the corner is a charming, petite potting shed...
               

Last, but not least, an antique wine press, full of strawberries, nestled lovingly in an organic garden.  While there I was serenaded by buzzing bees, giant blue dragonflies, too many birds to count and the soothing sound of the bubbling fountain in the pond...ahhh, this must surely be Heaven.
  


2 comments:

  1. Great sketches all, Patty. And what a beautiful day for this one, wish I could have joined you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even see you, I was busy sketching one view! Your sketches show a welcoming environment, you must have enjoyed your tour of the grounds at Hedges Winery. Cheers!
    patti kirch

    ReplyDelete