Saturday, July 20, 2013

"Golden Gate"

click the sketch to see my other sketches from the event in the Bay Area. 
It seems impossible for me to drive into San Francisco without stopping here and catching my breath after hours and hours on the road.  Who doesn't love the Golden Gate with its massive spires and miles and miles of cable holding it all together? 

The first sketch I did here was just the bridge, then I noticed the people taking pictures and gazing at the bridge.  I also remembered from my workshop in Seattle a couple of months ago how Frank Ching told us that to turn an "object" into a "story," one must have something in the foreground.  So here you have the second sketch with the man in it, and hopefully more of a "story" than just the bridge all by itself. 

15 minutes: 6x9 Super Aquabee: Noodler's Lexington Gray ink: watercolors.

No comments:

Post a Comment