Thursday, March 14, 2013

"A Few Sketches from Earlier in the Week"

Over the course of the last few days, I have taken a number of opportunities to do some sketching. 

Usually I add color, but today being a rather gray day, I decided, for now, for these sketches, to leave them in monotone.

Maybe I should add some shades of gray/black color, just for emphasis, but no...not today. 

The top sketch is from a football game I attended last Saturday.  My son-in-law is one of the coaches of this "elite" team of 7th and 8th graders from the greater Tri-City area.

The middle page was done while I was sitting in
a local Subway for lunch on Tuesday.  I often use the corner table in this shop as an office space.  In addition to lunch and sketching, I was working on end-of-year reports for a local school retirees association of which I preside this year. 

I got a lot of work done there, listened to some iPhone music.  Some of my very old albums from as far away as high school have landed on the iPhone.  Great stuff.  If you're into the '60's.

The bottom sketch is a quick study in perspective

I did while my wife was in one of the stores looking for a special type of dog food.  Perspective is gradually becoming a little more clear to me.  One thing that has really helped is a book I recently purchased by James Richards, "Freehand Drawing and Discovery."





No comments:

Post a Comment