Tuesday, July 1, 2014

World Cup Soccer-futebol-futbol

 Soccer was so exciting, two crazy great games, I'm Canadian, I loved the colors!  I looked up soccer in Spanish and Portuguese.  Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!!
Out with a hamstring injury, the USA was ousted, great road exciting game.  The two sketches were of situations that seemed to be suspended in time.  The top sketch the players seemed to be align ready for the pass and the lower agony waiting for an official.  I used pencil followed by micron .05 pen then Art Bars.  So exciting!
Patti Kirch

6 comments:

  1. Great sketches, Patti! Though we normally draw from life rather than reference photos, I did notice the International USk was promoting sketching having anything to do with the World Cup. So since you are the only one in our group, that I know of, to do this . . . Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No reference photos Jim, on any, I was watching the actual matches on the TV. On the first play, the live action SUI 3 lined up long enough to get the "action" to imprint in my brain, an anticipated diagonal pass, not a play "down the field". In the second sketch, the USA injured player's "hammy" had the player focused in on until a coach tended and gathered the player. I hoped I could sketch a player cross legged sitting in agony. Thanks for the compliment? Patti Kirch

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are full of life and show your energy and passion for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cindy. At the end of the SUI vs. ARG game, one of the ARG Team players formed a heart with his fingers, I placed that gesture to the right of the FIFA logo in the top sketch. I placed the score board straight across the field, I am not sure it was actually there, but it was on the TV about at that eye level.
    Patti Kirch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo Patti! And to think you saw this and imprinted it in your memory long enough to draw. Your art is so energetic. I can certainly tell that you love sports. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your signatures are always fun to sketch up to…. thank you Laura
    now off to weave

    ReplyDelete