Thursday, June 12, 2014

"I-5 Bridge at Vancouver, WA., and Portland, OR."


The view from my 6th floor hotel window in Vancouver WA earlier this week.  It was a great weekend as I met with the Portland team working with me on the "2nd Annual West Coast Urban Sketchers SketchCrawl" coming up in July; I attended the Washington State School Retirees Convention in Vancouver; and met up with a classmate from KHS '64 who is going to provide some music for our 50th reunion coming up in September.  A very productive trip, and a bit o' sketching, too.

9x9 Super Aquabee Sketchbook (double page spread); Lamy pen, watercolors. 


2 comments:

  1. Great medal works Jim, great to get away and sketch what's out your window other than sage brush and tumbleweeds.
    patti k

    ReplyDelete
  2. At USkTC yesterday, held at The Blank Canvas in downtown Kennewick, this sketch was my favorite. This photo does not show the mediums, the range of values as your actual sketch viewed from your journal, # 6,000 or something…ha
    patti k

    ReplyDelete